July 29, 2005

Button, button, who's got the button?


My first button! Hmmm, you say, first button? This button is from a place called "Button Field" it has a long history and I just learned of it about a month ago. My husband has been helping me find places to take some pictures. Well, he brought me to a cornfield along the river in town, he's always called it "town farm", it's a place where he hunts. So we walk down this dirt road that opens up to a cornfield and as we're walking I see these buttons on the ground, not many, a few here and there, I pick them up and they're glass or porcelain. Then he tells me this is called "Button Field", so now I need to find out the history of this place. Posted by Picasa
~Button Field~

2 Comments:

At July 29, 2005 6:38 PM, Blogger ~K~ said...

I've got a button! (or more)
Thanks for taking me to "Button
Field" What an awesome feeling it was to be holding a simple button....a button that lay in the earth for over 100 years!

 
At July 29, 2005 6:52 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Can't wait to go back when the corn is gone. More button huntin' and more photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home